TPU waterproof bag refers to a waterproof bag made of "Thermoplastic Urethane", that is, "thermoplastic polyurethane elastomer" material.
The so-called elastomer refers to a polymer material with a glass transition temperature lower than the room temperature, an elongation at break of> 50%, and a relatively good recoverability after the external force is removed. Polyurethane elastomers are a special class of elastomers. Polyurethane elastomers have a wide range of hardness and a wide range of performance. Therefore, polyurethane elastomers are a type of polymer material that is between rubber and plastic.
So what is TPU waterproof bag characteristics ?
TPU waterproof bag inherits some characteristics of the material itself. E.g:
1. By changing the proportion of each reaction component of TPU, products with different hardness can be obtained, and as the hardness increases, its products still maintain good elasticity and abrasion resistance.
2. TPU can be processed by common thermoplastic material processing methods, such as injection molding, extrusion, calendaring, and so on. At the same time, co-processing of TPU with certain polymer materials can yield polymer alloys with complementary properties.
3. Oil, water and mold resistant.
4. The glass transition temperature of TPU is relatively low, and it still maintains good elasticity, flexibility and other physical properties at minus 35 degrees.
5. The mechanical properties of TPU elastomers mainly include: hardness, tensile strength, compressive properties, tear strength, resilience and abrasion resistance, resistance to flexion, etc. The mechanical properties of TPU elastic plastics, in addition to these properties, There are also higher shear strength and impact energy.