Which kind of waterproof bag fabric is good? How to choose a waterproof bag? Judging by the name "waterproof bag", as the name suggests, it is a bag that can be waterproof. But in fact, a real waterproof bag has more than just a simple waterproof effect.
Most of the waterproof bags on the market now use TPU material. Not only the waterproof effect is better than ordinary materials, but also the wear-resistant and scratch-resistant protection effect is very good. The most obvious kind of bag is a cave bag; if you are exploring a hole, if the bag is not wear-resistant, it will break immediately. What mood do you have to explore? Think about how to remove the scattered things in the bag.
The so-called waterproof fabric is generally treated with a waterproofing agent or the surface of the fabric is coated with plastic, PU, PVC, PA, etc., so that the fabric has waterproof work clothes, waterproof jackets, waterproof travel clothes, and umbrella cloth , Tent cloth, luggage cloth, school bag cloth, hat cloth, shower curtain cloth, car cover, cargo cover cloth, etc., so its sales are increasing year by year.
How to choose a waterproof bag
Step 1: Think about the type of your trip
The first condition for deciding on a suitable travel waterproof bag is to be able to match the type of activity you are engaged in and to consider.
1. Length of travel days;
2. The number of times used in a year;
3. The type of sports you engage in in outdoor activities;
4. What area will be explored;
Step 2: Decide on the basic style of a waterproof travel bag
▶Soft waterproof bag: small-medium size waterproof bag without internal support structure
1. Cheap and easy to buy;
2, lightweight does not occupy volume.
1. The capacity is too small to meet even basic overnight activities;
2. The basic carrying system cannot comfortably carry large or heavy equipment.
▶Outer frame waterproof bag: The fixed outer frame structure can evenly distribute the equipment between the shoulders and hips. The body of the waterproof bag and the carrying system are attached to the external skeleton.
1. Can provide huge carrying capacity on easy to medium difficulty routes;
2. There is a large amount of storage space inside the waterproof bag body, and it has easy-to-use compartments, side bags, and outer bags to facilitate packing and accessing equipment;
3. It has strong plug-in capability, which can efficiently hang a large amount of equipment on the rack;
4.Because it is lined with a breathable mesh belt between the back of the body and the back frame when carrying it, it has good breathability and is more airy and dry to use;
5, compared with the same size waterproof waterproof bag.
1. Larger, wider and heavier;
2. The center of gravity when the outer frame waterproof bag is full is obviously relatively high, and it is difficult to maintain balance in difficult terrain, especially when climbing a rock wall or drilling an arrow bamboo forest;
3. Limited head movement space;
4. The backpack system fails to be designed in accordance with ergonomics and is not comfortable when carrying.
▶Inner-frame waterproof bag: There is a structural support system inside the body of the travel waterproof bag to effectively distribute the load evenly between the shoulders and the hips.
1. The adjustable backpack system can be adjusted according to different body types, which is convenient and comfortable to use;
2. The smooth appearance with a streamlined contour has more range of motion and free stretch flexibility in difficult terrain or cramped narrow spaces;
3. The close-fitting design can move the center of gravity of the packed weight with the body's center of gravity, and it is easier to maintain balance.
1. The main compartment of the waterproof bag is limited, and it is not easy to pack;
2. Pack carefully beforehand to avoid the dilemma that you cannot find when you temporarily or urgently access the equipment;
3. Because it is attached to the back, it has poor ventilation and ventilation, and it is easy to sweat.
4.The price is generally high
Step 3: Decide on waterproof bag material
Use PU coated nylon fabric (for example: PU coated 450D polyester, 210D nylon), which is waterproof, anti-drying, wear-resistant, tear-proof and so on. Whether a waterproof bag is durable or not, the fabric is the main determinant. I don't think everyone wants to encounter a donkey halfway and the waterproof bag is broken.
Step 4: Determine the size
Find a waterproof travel bag large enough to pack all the necessary gear, but small enough to be comfortable to use and carry day by day. Remember! No matter how big a travel waterproof bag, users usually tend to fill up the waterproof bag. Unless there is a real need, avoid extra large waterproof bags as much as possible. The general size classification is in Europe and Asia. The unit of calculation is the volume of liters it can hold:
Below 30 liters: small waterproof bag, suitable for general hiking in the countryside;
30 ~ 55 liters: multi-purpose waterproof bag, mostly used for rock climbing, river tracing, suburbs or weekend camping;
55 ~ 80 liters: widely used large waterproof bag for intermediate mountain and high mountain walking;
Above 80 liters: Expedition-type large waterproof bag, long-distance travel in high mountains, overseas expeditions.
1. The inner-frame waterproof bag usually fills the sleeping bag in the lower compartment of the main bag, but the general outer-frame waterproof bag places the sleeping bag on the outer lower layer of the back frame;
2. There is a gap in the calculation of capacity between different manufacturers;
3. The size of the waterproof bag should also consider the difference in height of each person. For example, those with shorter stature are not suitable for carrying a large-scale outer-frame waterproof bag.
Step 5: Consider the appearance and function of the travel waterproof bag design
Once the correct style and size have been decided, the next step is to compare the individual design differences between each waterproof bag. The convenience of packing should make the waterproof bag easy to organize and the equipment easy to use. It is convenient to pack and unload the waterproof bag. Here are some points to note:
1. How many compartments are there with?
2, the way of compartment design-top cover strap type or pull open type;
3. The number and configuration of small pockets or side pockets.
Most modern waterproof bags will emphasize the multi-functional design to add more equipment matching or technical performance. For example, side trench bags can be used to place columnar equipment such as camp poles, mountain knives, and trekking poles. Extension bags can increase the waterproof bag capacity and strengthen Waterproof (snow) function. The crampons on the top cover can be added with crampons, sleeping pads, etc.
The use of waterproof bags is to pass the multiple tests of time, high torture and pressure. It is important to find a lightweight and wear-resistant material! At the same time, it should pay attention to whether the car stitches are firm, drawn and reinforced at the opening, whether there is a reinforced double-layer treatment at the bottom of the waterproof bag, and whether the contact points of the strap and the body of the waterproof bag are strong enough.